City of Hereford Swimming Club is committed to a club environment in which all swimmers, members and volunteers are can participate in its activities in a safe and positive experience. In order to achieve this, the club agrees to:
- Adopt and implement the ASA Wavepower 2016/19 policy in full, all references to Wavepower within the clubs policies shall refer to this version, unless otherwise stated.
- Recognise that all children participating in the City Of Hereford Swimming Club (regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, ability or disability) have a right to enjoy their involvement in swimming in a safe environment and be protected from harm.
- Ensure that those individuals, who work with children in the City Of Hereford Swimming Club, whether paid or voluntary, provide a positive, safe and enjoyable experience for children.
- Appoint a club Welfare Officer with the necessary skills and training as outlined by the ASA who will take the lead in dealing with all child safeguarding matters raised within the club.
- Ensure that the club Welfare Officer’s name and contact details are known to all staff, club members and parents of members.
- The Welfare Officer being available to discuss issues of concern on matters of safeguarding and deal with such concerns appropriately and in line with Wavepower.
- Ensure all those persons who work with children in the City Of Hereford Swimming Club have undertaken the appropriate training and relevant DBS checks and adhere to the required practices for safeguarding children as outlined in Wavepower.
- Ensure that all individuals who will be working with children in the City Of Hereford Swimming Club have been recruited in accordance with the ASA Safe Recruitment Policy.
- Ensure that all individuals who work with children in the club have the appropriate training and codes of conduct and good practice to follow in line with the guidance in Wavepower.
- Provide all club members and parents of members with the opportunity to raise concerns in a safe and confidential manner if they have a concern about a child’s welfare.
- Ensure that all child safeguarding matters, whether they be concerns about child welfare or protection, are dealt with appropriately in accordance with the guidance for reporting and action in Wavepower.
- Ensure that confidentiality is maintained appropriately and in line with the best interests of the child.
- Ensure all papers relating to child safeguarding matters are held in a safe and secure manner.
Further information and documents
- Changing Room Policy
- Child Photography Refusal of Consent Form
- City of Hereford Swimming Club Constitution
- Code of Conduct for Committee Members, Officials and Volunteers
- Code of Conduct for Parents
- Code of Conduct for Swimmers of All Disciplines
- Code of Conduct for Swimming Coaches and Teachers
- Disciplinary Procedure
- Dropping off and Late Collection of Children Policy
- Missing Child Policy
- Social Networking Policy
- Supervision of Members When Away From the Club
- Transport Policy
- Welfare Contacts Sheet