The Chairperson of a club is seen to be a figure head, ambassador and a principal officer for a club. A Chairperson will chair and lead meetings within the club, and be responsible for key decision making and leadership, in consultation with other committee members.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide direction for the club through effective leadership and management
- To chair and control meetings of the management committee
- To act as principal officer within the club and make decisions whenever the need arises, in consultation with other officers when appropriate
- To represent the club at external meetings when required
- To be involved, where appropriate, in the coordination of club activities
- To manage and oversee the work of officers and other club personnel
- To present the club’s annual report, in association with the club Secretary
- To present the club’s annual accounts, in association with the club Treasurer
- To determine the content and agenda for club meetings, in association with the club Secretary
- To ensure that club statutory documents and other returns are administered and filed on time
- To advise the Treasurer on the use and investment of club funds.
July 2019Download Document