The role of the Poolside Helper is to assist with club sessions under the supervision of a qualified teacher or coach.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be present at training sessions wearing the correct attire
- Assist with the set-up of the pool for training sessions
- Be aware of safety at all times throughout the session, keeping the poolside tidy and ensuring any health and safety risks are reported to the coach
- Ensure swimmers have the correct equipment needed for the session e.g. pull buoys, floats etc.
- Ensure swimmers are abiding by the rules of the club regarding behaviour during sessions
- Assist the coach to deliver the session and advise swimmers on their technique
- At the end of the session ensure all equipment is correctly stored away
July 2019Download Document